Covid-19 International Travel
SIU recommends the following CDC guidelines regarding Covid-19 testing for international travel. SIU Student Health Services will assist in recommended testing. Please call 618-536-2391.
- Immunized/vaccinated with World Health Organization's (WHO) approved Vaccine*
- CDC recommends testing on days 3-5 after arrival
- No quarantine
- Option 1: Quarantine for 10 days if remaining asymptomatic/No testing
- Option 2: Test on days 3-5. Quarantine for 7 days if the test is negative. Nominal charges will apply (maximum $25.00)
- WHO-approved vaccines(as of 6/18/21)
- Pfizer/BioNTech (Comirnaty)
- Janssen (Johnson & Johnson)
- Covishield (Serum Institute of India)
- These tests will be the required PCR test which takes up to 45 minutes to run. Copy available immediately.
- The cost of this test is $80.00. (It is covered by United Student Health only)
- SIU Student Health Services will also offer COVID-19 testing for traveling partners/spouses
- Testing is also available through the SIH Drive Through Testing Clinics. You will be responsible for getting your results in the required format.
- We recommend adhering to COVID-19 Testing Requirements for all airlines and travel destinations.