Healthcare Equality Index
SIU's Student Health Services received the coveted Leader designation after scoring a perfect 100 on the 2020 Healthcare Equality Index (HEI). The Healthcare Equality Index (HEI) is the national LGBTQ+ benchmarking tool that evaluates healthcare facilities' policies and practices related to the equity and inclusion of their LGBTQ+ patients, visitors, and employees.
LGBTQ Healthcare Committee
The LGBTQ Healthcare Committee was formed after Student Health Services completed the Healthcare Equality Index in 2020. They work to identify and improve clinic services, policies, and procedures. Additionally, this team works to promote inclusive services that are able to meet the needs of our LGBTQ students.
Members on this team include:
- Aleska Hagan, PhD, Psychologist, Counseling and Psychological Services
- Kathryn Waldyke, MD., Primary Care Physician, Assistant Professor of Family and Community Medicine, Student Health Services
- Vern Cooper, MA, Program Coordinator, LGBTQ+ Resource Center
- Paul Hagan, MS, Wellness Coordinator, Wellness and Health Promotion Services
- Mary Stoffel, MBA, Assistant Director of Marketing, Student Health Services
- Nikki Jeralds, Medical Office Specialist, Student Health Services
- Jamie Beckman, BSN, RN, Psychiatric and Mental Health Nurse, Student Health Services
- Deb Newbolds, MSN, RN, Administrative Nurse II, Student Health Services
- Beth Morrison, MS.Ed, NCC, LCPC, Director, Wellness and Health Promotion Services, Assitant Director, Student Health Services