Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
Coronavirus and Your Mental Health
Counseling and Psychological Services counselors are available to help students with mental health concerns or coach students with who are dealing with anxiety surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak. CAPS staff will be available by phone at 618-453-5371 from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday and 1-9 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Treatment and coaching options have been expanded to accommodate students remotely and now include telehealth appointments, skills coaching or referrals to other providers in your area. All students are advised to call CAPS at 618-453-5371 to determine the treatment options that would best meet their needs.
- Tips for Managing Fears and Anxiety around Coronavirus
- Taking Care of Your Mental Health in the Face of Uncertainty
Our mission is to provide mental health-related services to facilitate students’ adjustment to college and their personal and psychological growth in becoming high functioning and socially responsible adults. Our staff works to help students resolve problems that interfere with personal, social, and academic functioning while also emphasizing prevention, development, adjustment, and wellness.
- Individual Counseling
- Group Counseling
- Crisis Services
- Gender-Based Violence Services
- Alcohol and Other Drug Counseling
- Couples Counseling
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Program (DBT)
- Eating Disorder Outpatient Program (EDOP)
- SIU Mandatory Suicide Assessment