Student Health Insurance
SIU Student Health Insurance Plan
The Student Health Insurance Plan provides health insurance coverage that compliments the on-campus primary care services, covering off-campus services such as emergency room, hospitalizations, surgery, ambulance and specialty care. Students are automatically enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Plan as a condition of SIUC enrollment, registration and the assessment of the Student Health Benefit Fee.
Petition to waive
If there were extenuating circumstances that prevented you from meeting the waiver deadline, you can submit an Online Petition to Waive after the Deadline form. To access this form, please click the Log In link at the top right to create a user account or log in with your existing credentials. Once logged in, click on 'Petition to Waive' under 'Student Access' and select the Petition Form.
The Petition to Waive process acts as a second level appeal for all students who missed the published waiver deadline. Submission of a petition to waive does NOT guarantee approval.
Please Note: Your Online Petition to Waive Form will be processed within 10 business days of receiving your eligibility from your college/university. Once your Petition to Waive has been processed, you may check the status online under "My Account".
The deadline to submit the petition to waive form is June 22, 2018
- Do I need Health Insurance to access the Student Health Center?
- Where can I read about the Student Health Insurance Plan?
- Is the Student Health Insurance Plan primary or secondary coverage?
- How do I opt out of the Student Health Insurance Plan?
- Do I have to apply for an insurance waiver every semester?
- who do i contact to speak to an insurance representative?